CASA COSTA CONDOS FOR SALE BOYNTON BEACH
Below is a list of condos for sale at Casa Costa Boynton Beach, Florida. Contact us today if you have questions or would like to schedule a showing of a condo at Casa Costa[showcaseidx_hotsheet name=”Casa_Costa” hide_search=true hide_map=true]
CASA COSTA BOYNTON BEACH WIKI INFO:
- See also William S. Linton
In 1894, two years before Henry Morrison Flagler built his railroad, a former American Civil War major named Nathan Boynton first set eyes on the area that now bears his name. Boynton hailed from Port Huron, Michigan. He was so impressed by the natural beauty of the year-round sunshine and pristine beaches, he built the famous Boynton Hotel, where he also spent winters with his family.
The first settlers, whom Boynton had brought along from Michigan, soon realized that many fruits and vegetables thrived in the fertile climate. Pineapples, tomatoes, mangoes, and citrus fruit were packed in crates and shipped by the ton on the newly built Florida East Coast Railroad to satisfy the appetites of hungry Americans across the country.
Major Boynton died on May 27, 1911 in Port Huron, but the hotel carried through until 1925.
Boynton Beach was originally founded on September 26, 1898 when Byrd Spilman Dewey and her husband Fred S. Dewey filed the original plat in the Dade County courthouse for the Town of Boynton.
The town was incorporated in 1920 as the Town of Boynton. The name “Boynton Beach” was first used by a community that broke off from the Town of Boynton in 1931. In 1939 that community changed its name to “Ocean Ridge” while The Town of Boynton took the name “Boynton Beach” in 1941.
In 1926, the Seaboard Air Line Railway entered what was then simply Boynton, spurring land development a mile inland near the Seaboard station, including the town’s first planned subdivision, Lake Boynton Estates.
As land became more valuable, areas along the Intracoastal Waterway and the Federal Highway in Boynton also saw housing developments. To the west, many dairies were founded so that the Boynton area became the main milk supplier for Palm Beach County. By the 1970s, the dairies were no longer profitable and these lands too were converted to housing developments.
Boynton Beach Oceanfront Park is located just north of the original Boynton Hotel site. In 1921, the Town of Boynton acquired the beach site from Lewis S. Howe by eminent domain for park and recreation purposes.
The beach casino was built in 1928 and featured a large dining hall, locker rooms and showers and residents used the casino for parties and social gatherings. The casino was demolished in 1967 and the property remained part of the beach park.
From the 1920s to today, Boynton Beach Oceanfront Park has been popular with residents and visitors alike. In the mid-1990s, the park underwent a major renovation during which the boardwalk was rebuilt out of recycled plastic.
Boynton Beach’s Oceanfront Park was voted the best family beach in Palm Beach County by The Palm Beach Post in 2001. In 2011 the boardwalk was renovated again, replacing the plastic with Ipe (pronounced ee-pay) wood (commonly known as Brazilian Walnut). In 2012 improvements were made to the buildings along the boardwalk, including total refurbishment of the restrooms.
Leave a Reply